Notes to self:
Agreed to try and schedule within the next 12 months in this meeting: http://chatlogs.musicbrainz.org/musicbrainz-devel/2011/2011-11/2011-11-22.html#T19-31-58-896073
Filling in missing due date
In review at http://codereview.musicbrainz.org/r/1960/ and available for testing on http://test.musicbrainz.org/
I've tried five times, but the page just won't load.
Sorry, it's just indexing. I will let you know when indexes are built and this should work.
Ok, one index is done and that seems to get the page to load now.
I don't think bots should be included in the top editors list. It feels weird to me because it's very easy for bots to make thousands of edits, so it's just not comparing like with like (I wouldn't object to a separate section for bots though). At the rate we're going, it will just end up being mostly bots (there are four there already and two more which would show up soon). I also seem to recall that we used to exclude ModBot and FreeDB.
In comparing http://classic.musicbrainz.org/topmods.html and http://test.musicbrainz.org/statistics/editors, some of the edit and vote values have gown down over the past year. Why is that?
Edit counts: ojnkpjg, zout, and teleguise
Vote counts: ojnkpjg, keschte, voiceinsideyou, RhYnoECfnW, Trongersoll, bogdanb, and jellyfish
Could the voting part be due to approvals being counted separately?
@navap: For votes - the old code seemed to include abstain and no votes, while the new stats filter out abstains (and no votes aren't even a vote). For edit counts, we have ran scripts to recalculate edit count stats, so it could be that the old server has incorrect statistics. It also looks like the old server didn't filter out cancelled/failed edits, while the new server does.
Ok, I've addressed the comment about bots and updated test.musicbrainz.org. However, our public data sets don't include whether or not an editor is a bot, so you won't see any changes.
This is in beta testing with the origin/mbs-1715 branch.
This is no longer working for me. I've refreshed the page 10 times (approximately. I lost count) and every single time was a 502.
@nikki: Seems like something fell out of cache. I've just ran beta's cron jobs to refresh that. Not sure exactly why it fell out of cache though...