Release Editor response times are too slow, making it annoying to use.
Please profile the release editor to find out what is actually taking up the cpu time.
I can't agree more.
Each time I just want to edit a simple things like e.g. a medium title, I'm annoyed because it means I'll have to open the release editor...
Is there anything happening on this or MBS-1607? It's still basically impossible to add many VA releases (and forget about adding a multi-disc one in one go!) due to timeouts on the "add missing entities" page. Possibly there's another ticket somewhere I've missed.
I spent ages trying to add a 35 track v.a. release... even though I didn't need to add any new entities, I still couldn't get to the end of the release editor without getting 502s and eventually had to give up. :/
Indeed - it's literally impossible to add/edit VA releases (my guess from experimentation is > 20 tracks) without getting such timeouts.
Just to note that since yesterday, I've been able to successfully edit and add large various artist releases. So it seems this has been fixed?
That particular issue has been fixed http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/MBS-2347 however the release editor as a while is still extrremly sluggish whatever you are doing.
Yeah, unfortunately both this and MBS-1607 are probably too generic and thus difficult to close. I guess it probably needs analysis/profiling by devs and then being broken down into more achievable sub-tasks or tickets which can actually be closed one-by-one based on their priority/ROI
I've removed a bunch of unnecessary queries and form initializing from the code. This has been merged into master in commit 54acfed1c99f07c6c9d163978992cbcc48b33da4 and will be part of the next release.
Until the release, please help in testing these changes on http://test.musicbrainz.org.
If release editor still has performance issues after these changes have been deployed on the production servers, please re-open this ticket.
OK, it seems the problem I'm facing realtes to this ticket.
Unpon trying to add a big V.A. relase ( http://www.discogs.com/Various-100-Tubes-Dance-2010/release/2488476 ), I get "502 Bad Gateway nginx/0.7.65" while, on the Recordings tab, I press "Next".
Then, on the tracklist tab, I used the ajax search function to get to about 70% of the artists on green background, but the problem persist.
This ticket was an older ticket referring to a more generic problem which doesn't really exist in the same way now. I don't think it's helpful to re-open it - it had limited use to begin with. I've created MBS-3522 instead.
The workaround that worked for me was to lock down all the artists/credits in the advanced editor first.